Memorize is a short sci fi film written and directed by Eric Ramberg and Jimmy Eriksson
Synopsis: In 2027, everyone is implanted with a chip – the Memorize-chip. It records everything you see, a new system to fight crime. One unit controls the system. The SSU – Special Surveillance Unit.
Director’s note: We shot this piece in Sweden (Gävle, Strängnäs and Uppsala) on a “shoestring budget”, using just one 5D-Mark II-camera (with Canon L-series lenses). Our very first mission was actually to help another company (Quixel) with some live-action shots/scenes to simply showcase their new texture-tool for 3d-models in games and movies, but instead we came up with this concept idea and created a full blown short film. Primarily, we wanted to do something visual and entertaining to simply present this concept and showcase Quixel’s tools.
We did almost everything our self (with some 3d/texture/sfx help) and we used close friends/family members to be “actors”, including myself playing the main character. So I guess that’s why the acting isn’t top notch and why we didn’t use so much dialogue 😉 BUT we also wanted to keep it very visual, we wanted to tell a story with pictures (and UI-text of course). That was a big challenge but I think we succeeded. In the end we’re happy with the end result considering the conditions and people really seems to like it! That’s awesome to see and very rewarding! / Jimmy & Eric”
Other cool science fiction films
- Tears of Steel: Blender Foundation’s Stunning Short Sci Fi Film
- Stephan Zlotescu’s Sci Fi Short “True Skin” To Become A Warner Bros Full Feature
- Plurality: Dennis Liu’s Big Brother Sci Fi Film Rocks
- ROSA: an Epic Sci Fi Short Film by Jesus Orellana
- Legacy, Ark and the 3rd Letter: The Dark, Post-Apocalyptic Sci Fi Films of Grzegorz Jonkajtys
- Portal: No Escape (Live Action Short Sci Fi Film by Dan Trachtenberg)
- Cost of Living: Short Sci Fi Film by Bendavid Grabinski
- Robots of Brixton (a short film by Kibwe Tavares)
- Drone: An Action-Packed Sci Fi Short by Robert Glickert
- Somnolence: A Short Sci Fi Film by Patrick Kalyn
- Kara by Quantic Dream: Do Androids Fear Death?
- Aaron Sims’ Film Archetype: Your Memories Are Just A Glitch!
- Ruin: A Stunning Short Sci Fi Film by Wes Ball
- Sight [a Short Sci Fi Film]