During our conversation we discuss issues such as: David’s early interest in writing; the motivation and goals behind his work; the relationship between science fiction and technology; his favorite science fiction authors; his current and future books as well as the meaning behind their titles.
(As always you can listen to or download the audio file above or scroll down and watch the video interview in full.)
Who is David Simpson?
David has recently taken the unusual step of re-publishing his books as Kindle ebooks so that he could offer them at extremely low prices, eliminating the overpricing caused by having a traditional publisher. He believes that this is a necessary and positive transition, as the technology that has dictated the practices of the publishing industry – paper books, is rapidly being replaced by ebooks.
Post-Human is available for free on his website. (To get a free copy click here)
David has a Master’s degree in English Literature from the University of British Columbia and is the winner of over a dozen awards and scholarships, both as a student and as a Teacher at the university level.
He lives with his wife, Jennifer, in West Vancouver British Columbia.
- Vernor Vinge on Singularity 1 on 1: We Can Surpass the Wildest Dreams of Optimism
- Sonia Arrison on Singularity 1 on 1: Make Regenerative Medicine A Top Priority
- Robopocalypse: Daniel H. Wilson’s Novel To Become Steven Spielberg’s Film
- Charlie Stross on Singularity 1 on 1: The World is Complicated. Elegant Narratives Explaining Everything Are Wrong!
- Robert J. Sawyer on Singularity 1 on 1: The Human Adventure is Just Beginning