Welcome to Singulati: Our Singularity Weblog Forum
Singulati is a free digital forum open to both singularitarians and skeptics who come together to discuss, debate, collaborate, learn and network within a friendly, informal and rewarding atmosphere. Join us today: together we can build a better future, better you!A A A
Please consider registering
Sailing high altitude wind power doesn’t just guarantee all people on the Earth abundance and prosperity, but also is able to save them from nuclear destruction.
Today it is generally agreed that the spread of nuclear weapons can be prevented just by concluding Nuclear Non-proliferation treaty, or some other treaties, such as the Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty.
But real life is much more complicated than all treaties taken together. And this idea is supported by the fact that there exists a black market of fissionable materials: enriched uranium and plutonium (nuclear explosives). And if there is such a market, then somebody buys nuclear explosives, and it doesn’t make sense, if you don’t want to use it in a nuclear charge once! If one has enough means to commit a nuclear attack, she / he will definitely find many reasons for it: ideological, religious, racial, national and social intolerance, a wish to eliminate competitors or to take revenge, - and in this case consequences are left underestimated, even by an attacker himself.
Such words as “war” and “conflict” are not appropriate here, as they imply existence of known and conflicting parties.
A nuclear attack will be unexpected, merciless and anonymous (as available technology allows).
The injured party, or rather, what was left of it, will play that way too. But without knowing a real enemy, it will choose the enemy from some considerations and strike back. And it will be a chain reaction of “return” and preventive attacks, resulted in a full-scale nuclear war, as everyone wants to attack the first or, at least, the second with all their power. The Earth will turn into radioactive desert, and the survived will envy the dead.
And how can we prevent realization of such worst case scenario?
First, let’s consider who can be an aggressor, that is who will be the first to attack.
Obviously, it will not be a country that is known to possess nuclear weapons. Probably, it will be a small country, or a group of people, acting with knowledge or, so to say, with silent consent of some country government. Money, necessary for preparation of nuclear attack, the group can both get from people, who don’t understand consequences of such an attack, and from some criminal sources.
Nuclear attack is not just the greatest crime, but also a manifestation of the greatest foolishness, and unfortunately, ill will and foolishness still exist in the world, and they must be taken into account in order to prevent the consequences.
Then, what to do in this case? There can be proposed the following action program.
1) To reduce as much as possible or even better to prohibit and annihilate nuclear weapons.
2) To stop conducting the works in nuclear energy, because these works require production of fissionable materials that can be used for nuclear weapons production (including illegal production).
3) To eliminate the black market of fissionable materials with the help of national and international intelligence services. It will be difficult to implement because of corruption, but it is essential. It is much simpler just to buy the black market with all its participants.
4) To end glorification of wars and violence. To admit that war always was and will remain for majority of people, first, a source of misfortune and suffering (for both sides regardless of the outcome), and only then a way of problem solving.
5) To increase psychological threshold of violence and killing in the society. To abolish deth penalty everywhere. To make punishment for crimes as humane as possible, it should be just a way of prevention of crime rather than revenge and atonement. First, criminals should be treated as insane people, and only than as villains.
Nuclear disarmament is not possible to implement without so called moral disarmament, which should be made unilaterally.
6) It is necessary to unmask the cult of momentary pleasures and so called “after us the deluge” philosophy, to show that if we continue to live with such an approach to life the Deluge won’t be after us, we will face the Deluge, and it will be much more terrible than that described in the Bible. Today the forces of evil have already been preparing all necessary for it.
7) It is necessary to pay public’s attention to positive rather than negative sides of life. It is necessary to advertize universally and to support high art, sciences, charity, mercy, to contribute to intellectual development and education of people, taking into account individual peculiarities of every person.
8) To create international movement “Projects of 21st century”. Movement manifest can be found on the web site.
9) To develop sailing high altitude wind power as soon as possible. As only it is able to guaranty shortly all people on the Earth abundance and prosperity, and also to provide us with means for realization of the present program.
According to experts, not so much time left till nuclear doomsday, approximately 2-3 years (see talk of professor Vostretsov, Doctor of Science, with Mr. Gubin, announcer of television channel “Top secret”, which was broadcasted in July, 2011).
There are no great powers and smaller nations today. The nuclear charges level everyone. But there is still time to set protection by common efforts.
Most Users Ever Online: 70
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 56
Newest Members:Marek Rosa, Mark Kincheloe, Mythago, rxrus, Andrea Whitmer, juancarlos
Administrators: Socrates: 123, zippykid: 7, davidaj: 0