The movie is just 8 1/2 minutes long but is totally stunning both with its rich post-apocalyptic scenery and its action packed sequences.
Reminiscent of some of the other great sci fi shorts that I have featured previously (see related articles bellow) Ruin is absolutely top-notch not only with its dazzling creative vision but also with its captivating, breath-taking execution: this short needs to be a feature film!
Wes Ball is a (clearly very talented) graphics designer who has been working on Ruin at Oddball Animation for the last two years. I am very much looking forward to seeing what his current project – In Search of Humans, is going to look like when it is finished.
If, like me, you enjoy short, action packed, animated sci fi films, chances are you are going to love Ruin:
- ROSA: an Epic Sci Fi Short Film by Jesus Orellana
- Legacy, Ark and the 3rd Letter: The Dark, Post-Apocalyptic Sci Fi Films of Grzegorz Jonkajtys
- Portal: No Escape (Live Action Short Sci Fi Film by Dan Trachtenberg)
- The Machine: An Animated Robo-Fable
- Cost of Living: Short Sci Fi Film by Bendavid Grabinski
- Robots of Brixton (a short film by Kibwe Tavares)
- Sons of Chaos: A Post-Apocalyptic Sci Fi Film by Mathieu Turi
- Kara by Quantic Dream: Do Androids Fear Death?
- Aaron Sims’ Film Archetype: Your Memories Are Just A Glitch!