Much attention has been paid to 3D printing lately, with new companies developing cheaper and more efficient consumer models that have wowed the tech community. They herald 3D Printing as a revolutionary and disruptive technology, but how will these printers truly affect our society?
Beyond an initial novelty, 3D Printing could have a game-changing impact on consumer culture, copyright and patent law, and even the very concept of scarcity on which our economy is based. From at-home repairs to new businesses, from medical to ecological developments, 3D Printing has an undeniably wide range of possibilities which could profoundly change our world.
- 3D Printing
- Video Tour of London’s 3D Printer Show: From Iron Man To Cat Skeletons
- Bald Eagle Gets 3D Printed Beak Prosthesis
- 3D Printing The Fastest Running Shoes Ever
- Bespoke Innovations’ 3D-printed Prosthetics: If Lizards Can Grow Tails, Humans Should Print Limbs
- The First 3D Printed Jaw Implant
- The Man Who Prints Houses: a Documentary about Enrico Dini
- 3D Printing: Is Bio-Printing the Future of Organ Replacement?