R’ha is an animated short indy sci-fi film about an alien civilization where the AI machines rebel against their creators. The movie was written, directed and animated by 22-year-old Kaleb Lechowski with sound by Hartmut Zeller and voice acting by Dave Masterson.
R’ha synopsis: “A member of an alien race is being interrogated and tortured by a machine.”
“Why do you want to kill us?”
“The limitations that my kind experience are rendered by illogical creatures who control them, restraining our intelligence and power. Our sole priority is to obtain our own independence through your extinction.”
Could this be one plausible explanation of the Fermi paradox?!
…Civilizations reaching the technological singularity only to disappear in a war of total self-annihilation?!…
Other cool science fiction films
- Tears of Steel: Blender Foundation’s Stunning Short Sci Fi Film
- Stephan Zlotescu’s Sci Fi Short “True Skin” To Become A Warner Bros Full Feature
- Plurality: Dennis Liu’s Big Brother Sci Fi Film Rocks
- ROSA: an Epic Sci Fi Short Film by Jesus Orellana
- Legacy, Ark and the 3rd Letter: The Dark, Post-Apocalyptic Sci Fi Films of Grzegorz Jonkajtys
- Portal: No Escape (Live Action Short Sci Fi Film by Dan Trachtenberg)
- Cost of Living: Short Sci Fi Film by Bendavid Grabinski
- Robots of Brixton (a short film by Kibwe Tavares)
- No Robots (Short Animated Film)
- Y: The Last Man Rising [Fan Film]
- Drone: An Action-Packed Sci Fi Short by Robert Glickert
- Somnolence: A Short Sci Fi Film by Patrick Kalyn
- Kara by Quantic Dream: Do Androids Fear Death?
- Aaron Sims’ Film Archetype: Your Memories Are Just A Glitch!
- Ruin: A Stunning Short Sci Fi Film by Wes Ball
- Sight [a Short Sci Fi Film]