The iMom is an award winning short film written and directed by Ariel Martin
Synopsis: The iMom will change your life! Well, at least that’s what the ads claim. But when a mother leaves her kids under the supervision of the family’s iMom, an unexpected connection is formed.
About the Film: The iMom is a dark look into the black mirror of a society where technology has exceeded humanity
The iMom will change your life! Well, at least that’s what the ads claim. In this horror science fiction, when a mother leaves her kids under the supervision of the family’s iMom, a dark biblical link is realized.
From the film-maker: It was only after the millionth time I saw a kid sitting obediently at a restaurant table, staring silently at their parent’s iPad that I wanted to tell a story about how tech products have seeped into family life. Originally I only intended to shoot a 2-minute YouTube clip of a mock-infomercial for a fictional child-rearing product. However once I edited the clip together, I started imagining a world beyond the ad. How would a family interact with Siri if she were actually walking around the home? In the end, I decided to both weave projects, the infomercial and narrative short, into one film.
iMom MATILDA BROWN
Mother MARTA DUSSELDORP
Sam KARL BEATTIE
Grace INDIA ROSEAREE NAMPETCH
iMom Presenter CURT BONNEM
MICHELLE GUNN with GRACE GUNN
IMom Model EMMACAM
Other cool science fiction films
- Envoy: David Weinstein’s Short Sci Fi About Alien Robot Must Become Full Feature Film
- 300,000 km/s: A Cool Sci-Fi Short Film Noir by Stéphane Réthoré
- ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ Impressive Fan Sci Fi Short Film
- Shifter: Live Action Sci Fi Short Film by the Hallivis Brothers
- Keloid: JJ Palomo’s Gripping Robopocalypse Short Sci Fi Film
- The Final Moments of Karl Brant: Short Sci Fi Film about Mind Uploading
- Shelved: Robot Comedy Shows Tragedy of Robots Replaced By Humans
- Tears of Steel: Blender Foundation’s Stunning Short Sci Fi Film
- Stephan Zlotescu’s Sci Fi Short “True Skin” To Become A Warner Bros Full Feature
- Plurality: Dennis Liu’s Big Brother Sci Fi Film Rocks
- ROSA: an Epic Sci Fi Short Film by Jesus Orellana
- Legacy, Ark and the 3rd Letter: The Dark, Post-Apocalyptic Sci Fi Films of Grzegorz Jonkajtys
- Portal: No Escape (Live Action Short Sci Fi Film by Dan Trachtenberg)
- Cost of Living: Short Sci Fi Film by Bendavid Grabinski
- Robots of Brixton (a short film by Kibwe Tavares)
- Drone: An Action-Packed Sci Fi Short by Robert Glickert
- Somnolence: A Short Sci Fi Film by Patrick Kalyn
- Kara by Quantic Dream: Do Androids Fear Death?
- Aaron Sims’ Film Archetype: Your Memories Are Just A Glitch!
- Ruin: A Stunning Short Sci Fi Film by Wes Ball
- Sight [a Short Sci Fi Film]