What if Bonnie and Clyde was re-envisioned as a sci-fi? That’s the idea behind David Rosenbaum’s short sci film The Trail’s End. The short is the prequel to Bonnie and Clyde, with androids going on the run from the law. It premiered at the LA Shorts Fest, has fantastic VFX and sleek cinematography, not to mention an interesting premise playing on a classic story we all know.
Synopsis: On the final day of his life, an android has an unexpected encounter that alters the course of his existence. The Trail’s End is a short film written and directed by David Rosenbaum that explores a re-telling of a classic; Bonnie and Clyde…or rather the prologue. It highlights the moment that the two meet and how their journey together begins. Sometimes the end, is just the beginning…
Other cool science fiction films
- ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ Impressive Fan Sci Fi Short Film
- Shifter: Live Action Sci Fi Short Film by the Hallivis Brothers
- Keloid: JJ Palomo’s Gripping Robopocalypse Short Sci Fi Film
- The Final Moments of Karl Brant: Short Sci Fi Film about Mind Uploading
- Shelved: Robot Comedy Shows Tragedy of Robots Replaced By Humans
- Tears of Steel: Blender Foundation’s Stunning Short Sci Fi Film
- Stephan Zlotescu’s Sci Fi Short “True Skin” To Become A Warner Bros Full Feature
- Plurality: Dennis Liu’s Big Brother Sci Fi Film Rocks
- ROSA: an Epic Sci Fi Short Film by Jesus Orellana
- Legacy, Ark and the 3rd Letter: The Dark, Post-Apocalyptic Sci Fi Films of Grzegorz Jonkajtys
- Portal: No Escape (Live Action Short Sci Fi Film by Dan Trachtenberg)
- Cost of Living: Short Sci Fi Film by Bendavid Grabinski
- Robots of Brixton (a short film by Kibwe Tavares)
- Drone: An Action-Packed Sci Fi Short by Robert Glickert
- Somnolence: A Short Sci Fi Film by Patrick Kalyn
- Kara by Quantic Dream: Do Androids Fear Death?
- Aaron Sims’ Film Archetype: Your Memories Are Just A Glitch!
- Ruin: A Stunning Short Sci Fi Film by Wes Ball
- Sight [a Short Sci Fi Film]