Dust is a short SciFi fantasy film with stunning cinematography and a worthy message, inspired by classic anime and horror. It is set in a harsh and unpredictable natural environment where people have isolated themselves in an ancient city behind a massive wall. A socially marginalized tracker teams up with a black-market merchant to save the society that has rejected his way of life.
Synopsis: A deadly plague linked to a mysterious dust is devastating the countryside around Kabe, the world’s oldest city.
Irezumi, a disgraced Tracker living in the abandoned outskirts of Kabe, is hired to find a cure by a Merchant from the city’s underground medicine trade. Little is known about the dust or the unusual sickness it causes, but as it continues to consume the countryside, Kabe is preparing to shut its gates, denying refuge to anyone outside the walls.
With the city verging on lock-down, Irezumi unwillingly returns to the countryside in search of a solution and perhaps, personal redemption.
Irezumi – Mashasi Odate
Medicine Merchant – Michael Evans Lopez
Dust was written by: Jason Gallaty, Josh Grier & Mike Grier
Director of Photography: Michael Nie
Art Director: Eoin Colgan
Music: Theophany (Jason Gallaty)
VFX Supervisors: Philip McGuire, Hunter Schmidt, Andrew Thompson
Dust is Directed by Mike Grier and is an Ember Lab production. To find out more about the Film and Ember Lab visit: emberlab.com/dustpresskit/
Other cool science fiction films
- Rise: Proof of Concept Short Sci Fi Film with Anton Yelchin
- Envoy: David Weinstein’s Short Sci Fi About Alien Robot Must Become Full Feature Film
- The Nostalgist: A Cool Sci Fi Short Film Explores VR and More
- The iMom
- 300,000 km/s: A Cool Sci-Fi Short Film Noir by Stéphane Réthoré
- ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ Impressive Fan Sci Fi Short Film
- Shifter: Live Action Sci Fi Short Film by the Hallivis Brothers
- Keloid: JJ Palomo’s Gripping Robopocalypse Short Sci Fi Film
- The Final Moments of Karl Brant: Short Sci Fi Film about Mind Uploading
- Shelved: Robot Comedy Shows Tragedy of Robots Replaced By Humans
- Tears of Steel: Blender Foundation’s Stunning Short Sci Fi Film
- Stephan Zlotescu’s Sci Fi Short “True Skin” To Become A Warner Bros Full Feature
- Plurality: Dennis Liu’s Big Brother Sci Fi Film Rocks
- ROSA: an Epic Sci Fi Short Film by Jesus Orellana
- Legacy, Ark and the 3rd Letter: The Dark, Post-Apocalyptic Sci Fi Films of Grzegorz Jonkajtys
- Portal: No Escape (Live Action Short Sci Fi Film by Dan Trachtenberg)
- Cost of Living: Short Sci Fi Film by Bendavid Grabinski
- Robots of Brixton (a short film by Kibwe Tavares)
- Drone: An Action-Packed Sci Fi Short by Robert Glickert
- Somnolence: A Short Sci Fi Film by Patrick Kalyn
- Kara by Quantic Dream: Do Androids Fear Death?
- Aaron Sims’ Film Archetype: Your Memories Are Just A Glitch!
- Ruin: A Stunning Short Sci Fi Film by Wes Ball
- Sight [a Short Sci Fi Film]