Tears In The Rain is a short film set in the world of Philip K. Dick’s novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (1968) as well as the motion picture Blade Runner (1982).
Synopsis: In a dystopian Los Angeles future, replicants or genetically engineered humanoids are created to work forced labour on off-world colonies. The latest generation, the Nexus 3 series, begins to display erratic and violent behaviour. Replicants were not designed to experience complex emotions or develop long-term memories. In the wake of corporate scandals of the previous decade, the Tyrell Corporation quietly attempts to remove Nexus 3 from circulation.
John Kampff (Sean Cameron Michael), a senior engineer, heads up the Tyrell Retirement Division. With the primary objectives, detect and remove Replicants, John has suspected Nexus 3 Andy Smith (Russel Savadier) firmly in his sights. As John soon learns, Replicant detection is nearly impossible without specialist equipment. The Voight-Kampff, a polygraph-like machine used by retirement engineers to help in the testing of an individual to learn if they are a replicant, is a distant thought in John Kampff’s mind.
Country of Origin
Sean Cameron Michael
Original Soundtrack Music
Evan James Dembskey
Christopher Grant Harvey
Andrew Eric MacDonald
Written & Directed By
Christopher Grant Harvey
Other cool science fiction films
- Rise: Proof of Concept Short Sci Fi Film with Anton Yelchin
- “Dust” Short SciFi: Stunning Cinematography & Worthy Message
- Envoy: David Weinstein’s Short Sci Fi About Alien Robot Must Become Full Feature Film
- The Nostalgist: A Cool Sci Fi Short Film Explores VR and More
- The iMom
- 300,000 km/s: A Cool Sci-Fi Short Film Noir by Stéphane Réthoré
- ‘Deus Ex: Human Revolution’ Impressive Fan Sci Fi Short Film
- Shifter: Live Action Sci Fi Short Film by the Hallivis Brothers
- Keloid: JJ Palomo’s Gripping Robopocalypse Short Sci Fi Film
- The Final Moments of Karl Brant: Short Sci Fi Film about Mind Uploading
- Shelved: Robot Comedy Shows Tragedy of Robots Replaced By Humans
- Tears of Steel: Blender Foundation’s Stunning Short Sci Fi Film
- Stephan Zlotescu’s Sci Fi Short “True Skin” To Become A Warner Bros Full Feature
- Plurality: Dennis Liu’s Big Brother Sci Fi Film Rocks
- ROSA: an Epic Sci Fi Short Film by Jesus Orellana
- Legacy, Ark and the 3rd Letter: The Dark, Post-Apocalyptic Sci Fi Films of Grzegorz Jonkajtys
- Portal: No Escape (Live Action Short Sci Fi Film by Dan Trachtenberg)
- Cost of Living: Short Sci Fi Film by Bendavid Grabinski
- Robots of Brixton (a short film by Kibwe Tavares)
- Drone: An Action-Packed Sci Fi Short by Robert Glickert
- Somnolence: A Short Sci Fi Film by Patrick Kalyn
- Kara by Quantic Dream: Do Androids Fear Death?
- Aaron Sims’ Film Archetype: Your Memories Are Just A Glitch!
- Ruin: A Stunning Short Sci Fi Film by Wes Ball
- Sight [a Short Sci Fi Film]